Where is your dock?

Where is your dock?

• Total voters

macbook yes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
I can't stand not having mine on the bottom. If its on the side it just somehow is a lot less convenient.

durija

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Left at home on my 20" iMac and my Dell Mini 9
Bottom at work on my 20" iMac, only to conform to the group.
But I hardly ever touch the dock, since I use Quicksilver a lot.

MacManiac76

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2007
White Mntns, Arizona
For the longest time I had my Dock on the bottom. A few months ago I thought I'd try something different and put it on the right side instead. It took some getting used to at first but now I like having it there as it gives me that much more vertical screen space on my 13" MacBook. I've never really liked auto-hiding the Dock.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Bottom, no magnification, no auto hide. Pretty mundane actually. Though the 3d dock is a nice touch. :)

Sergeant Pepper

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Bottom left corner, small as it can possibly go, on auto-hide. I never use it, but I couldn't kill it completely because I minimize windows and use Exposé.

Google Quick Search Box ForTheWin.

macbook yes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
If i could get the 3D glass on the side, i would consider moving it, but it looks too dark on the side. I would love more vertical screen room on my 13.

mrchinchilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
Bottom, no magnification, never hidden, quite big and I try to keep as little icons in it as possible.

dbwie

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2007
Albuquerque, NM, USA
On the left side of the left monitor of my dual display setup (far left, like my politics!), no auto hide. I keep the default size quite small, with medium magnification.

Ptyger

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Bottom all the way. Made it real small, with magnification, but not auto-hide. The hiding is more visually distracting to me than having it there all the time, and I really don't mind the loss of a small amount of workspace.

Ropie

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2007
England
Right, small with magnification, no auto hide. This way it stays out of the way on my MBP screen and not my main screen (which is to the left of the MBP). If I should just be using one screen I prefer to have it to the side so I get more screen height. I don't like the 3D dock appearance much either.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Bottom, almost as big as possible (I have a lot stuff in it), always shown, medium magnification

I like it as big and couldn't auto-hide it, it's just so gorgeous!