Where oh where can I get....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hannah9000, Oct 30, 2010.

1. hannah9000 macrumors newbie

Mac OS X Leopard?! Apart from the obvious ebay?

I bought a machine which, after 12 hours, i've discovered has a beta version of leopard on it. Cannot be updated nor can I install new applications, therefore rendering it useless.

So I need to find a leopard OS disc, but is there anywhere other than ebay I can get one?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What Mac is it? You could buy Snow Leopard for 29$ if it's an Intel Mac. Leopard is hard to find and is easily +100$

3. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

A quick google search show it around $160. I look at school surplus sales to see if you could get it.

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

IF your machine can't run the only version of OS X that Apple is currently selling, and IF you really need an OS install disk just to make your machine functional at all, and IF you can't find a new or used copy that isn't really seriously outrageously overpriced,... then use your imagination on how to find what you need. So as not to cross any lines, all I'll say is that OSes are just as easy to find on the net as MP3s are.

5. larkost macrumors 6502a

Just call AppleCare (Apple's warrantee service number). Be prepared with the model name and the serial number of the computer, and they can sell you a copy of the discs that shipped with the computer.