Thanks for lightening up the mood. I was quite frustrated today when i found no updtae on there site. I was ready wanting with cash in hand to get one. Now i'm stuck thinking, should i get one now or shall i wait for the update to arrive. I've decided to wait a maximum of 2 weeks for an update, if it doesn't come, i'll be forced to get the ones out now. I know if i do this, when the updates come i'll be heart broken but what can i do? COME ON APPLE, HURRY UP WITH THE UPDATE!SteveC said:Yes, it does hold water. It just didn't mean the new ones would be announced TODAY. I still expect to see iMac updates either next week or by early March. (Which is only a week or week and a half away, for the record.)
I, too, am waiting with VISA in hand to call and order as soon as it's announced. I'd hit myself for ordering an iMac right now. Very bad time if you're interesting in getting the most for your $. Plus I want a Rev. B. If I bought an iMac today, I'd feel bad even if new ones don't come out for another month.
iMac updates should be out soon...
One month from now the iMac will be "overdue" for an update based on the average time between announcements, so it makes it easy to believe it'll be real soon.
So does that mean there is a possibility that they will release rev B tomorrow?vieoray said:sort of frustrating. ordered one on 2/13, supposed to ship same business day. 2/17 came along and they pushed back shipping until on or before 2/24. hasn't shipped yet and tomorrow is the new cutoff. i was hoping for an update but didn't get myself too excited about it as i figured it probably wouldn't happen. now i just wish they would get off it already and ship the iMac. even when they upped the wait on the online store it was only to 3-5 days.
go look at the Macrumors Buyers Guide ...the iMac cycle has still a few days left in it...i am quessing end of March. Somewhere around there.Trout74 said:I dont mind waiting a few days/weeks, but I dont want to wait for 2-3 months!
COME ON APPLE!!
Its approaching the end of the AVERAGE cycle period. Some updates come before and some come after and it AVERAGES out.vouder17 said:
Apparently averages don't mean that much anymore. The PowerMacs are now 83 days passed their "average" update time. The PowerBooks were about 2 months or so behind when they were updated as well.topgunn said:Its approaching the end of the AVERAGE cycle period. Some updates come before and some come after and it AVERAGES out.
You have a point but it would be stupid of apple to release a huge flurry of products at once.....It would take the limelight away from certain products. My guesses first we get powermacs..next week and then a few weeks later iMac's if you really need an iMac..just buy one. you won't regret it. i have one and it is great!!topgunn said:Its approaching the end of the AVERAGE cycle period. Some updates come before and some come after and it AVERAGES out.
As I said on one of the other iMac come hither threads, it is in Apple's best interest to do all that they can this week (the week before the stock is traded at its new split-adjusted price) to hype the company and its product lines. What better way to do this that by updating its two most well known and highly publicized products, the iMac and the iPod. One down, one to go. The writing on the wall points to an iMac update as early as tomorrow and no later than next week. I am thinking it will be tomorrow and if they have a new GPU, I will likely be the first in line.
Go for the 17inch it is nice...but if you need the extra inches then go for the 20inch. But i would rather save the $$$.dezigNergy said:Need advice. I'm stuck between the 17-20". Which shall i go for? 20" would be better but £300 extra (about 550 dollars) for the 20" is a bit steep. What you think anyway.
Glad to know I am not the only one.iDeclare said:I'll be the first to admit, I was 100% sure the imac was getting updated this morning. I didn't get a THING done at work today as I was constantly checking the apple store sight as well as macrumors....