Where`s iWeb

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Fullmoon2014, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Fullmoon2014 macrumors newbie

I got my MacBook Pro yesterday, and I love it. It`s fun work to get to know the machine and the OS. But I can`t find iWeb. I even searched on App Store, but I couldn`t find it there either.
    Can somebody tell me where I can find it

2. GGJstudios, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iWeb is going away. It's no longer included on new Macs and is not available on the App Store. It's only available on DVD copies of iLife, but i can't locate the link to those. Perhaps they're gone, too.

3. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

You mean iLife?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yep. Thanks for catching that. And now that I look, I can't even find that DVD on the Apple Store.

5. AQUADock macrumors 65816

AQUADock

I heard that you can take your Mac to an apple store and they will install it for you for free.

6. 3282868 macrumors 603

It went the way of the dodo along with updated Mac Pro's, a decent display line, a revamped file system, a professional FCPX launch, Exposé and Spaces from Snow Leopard, Open GL support beyond 3.2 (FULL CORE support), iDisk, iWork Beta, and an iOS driven OS X system with "Game Center," "Mission Control" with iOS Spaces, lack of true multiple display functionality on OS X, and on and on.

For those that say Apple cares more about iOS because of the consumer $$$, I have to ask them, how are all those iOS app's running that are built on OS X desktops? Yeah. Good luck final cut editing HD video on that new new iPad. :rolleyes:

Apple's selling less desktops because those who bought them are fed up with Apple's lack of focus on professionals and are moving to Windows/Unix systems, hence the growth in that market. Sad times for us who make their living on Mac Pro's and OS X systems.

7. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

you can try going to an applestore, as suggested above. you can also find the ilife '11 dvd on ebay...

8. Fullmoon2014, Mar 18, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012

Fullmoon2014 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I`m gonna buy it from eBay.
    Will iLife 11 work with the newest OS X? I have version 10.7.2.

9. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

Guess again.

Apple's mac division has been growing at 25% per quarter for a long time, and recently maintaining that growth vs negative growth for the PC industry as a whole.

iWeb was crap anyway.