Where should a WA State buyer buy ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by akm3, Dec 4, 2007.

1. akm3 macrumors 68020

Purchasing from Apple directly results in sales tax. Purchasing from Amazon results in sales tax.

Is there an online reseller that won't nick me the 8.6% tax? (Of COURSE I'll pay it anyway at the end of next year when I send in my Use Tax bill, but I want to delay it).

Free shipping is a plus =D

-Allen

2. wsw macrumors newbie

Search using pricegrabber.com
    Surprisingly, Abes of Maine comes up with the best price for a 2.2GHz Macbook. ($1235.55 - no WA tax, & free shipping)

3. Harry322 macrumors member

Drive south a little ways and buy the computer in Oregon. No sales tax.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

That's what I did when I lived there. Even with the gas money it was worth it. Made a day of it, went to some other places too. Most places it'll either be no tax or free shipping, had trouble finding good deals from legit places with both.

5. akm3 thread starter macrumors 68020

That is great for Western Washington buyers...Pendleton OR seems a bit far away for us Spokane folks. But it is a great suggestion.

6. timswim78 macrumors 6502a

timswim78

7. Stratification macrumors regular

Personally I just bit the bullet and ordered from Apple. I went with a refurbished MacBook, which offset some of the cost, but I didn't find much of anywhere I trusted that didn't charge tax anymore. (also in Spokane)

8. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

i'm going to oregon next weekend to buy a mb for my little sis and a 20" imac for my dad...