Where should I buy my iPad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by finnschi, Apr 10, 2010.

1. finnschi macrumors 6502

I know that, at some online retailers you do not have to pay taxes if they do not have a retail store in the state you live in (or in my case order it to)

I want to order it to a address in Michigan, do you know any online retailers that do not charge taxes in Michigan? (I know for a fact that newegg does not, but they don't have the iPad, neither does Amazon....)

Any ideas :cool:

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

In before thegoldenmackid, you should mail in taxes for online retailers that do not charge you a tax.

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

You should but no one does, and if you do... well have fun with that. :p

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Since the current pool of Authorized Resellers who are allowed to sell the iPad is small (and limited to big, big chains who can push a lot of product), you'll be hard pressed to pull that one off. Your best bet is ebay or find someone in a sales-tax-free state like NH.

5. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Even if you find an online retailer, many (most?) will charge you to ship it, which eats into the "savings".

And if you buy locally, you get to play with it now...

:apple::apple:

6. finnschi thread starter macrumors 6502

The Problem is I Live in Germany, but i have a friend who lives in Michigan that would bring me the iPad, So I want to send it to her House , so she does not have to worry about anything (I did the same with my first iPhone and a MacBook ordered at Newegg :rolleyes: ) ah well I guess i will just buy in from Apple.com and suck up the few more $$ its still going to be WAY cheaper than buying it in Germany ( i am just guessing a retail price of about 450€, compared to 370€ it would cost me in the US...)

7. lilthrift macrumors newbie

lilthrift

I ordered mine from Macmall on Monday and received iPad on Tuesday. Overnight shipping was $39. No taxes, ground shipping is free but I went for overnight.