Where Should I buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GovtLawyer, Feb 20, 2011.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I'm giving AT&T one more week to see if the phone service improves in the building I work in. They claim there is a tower problem and they're working on it. I doubt they'll come through. Verizon service at the same location is very reliable, as evidenced by co-workers with Verizon, and actually with any carrier other than AT&T. If they don't improve the service, I'll have to eat the remainder of the contract on two 3Gs from AT&T, each of a different length.

I'll have to buy two new Verizon capable iPhone4s, and choose a plan which will cost me slightly more than the one I have with AT&T.

Is there a benefit to getting the phones at the Apple Store vs a Verizon store? I know the price will be the same. Will Apple spend the time to set up a particular plan, or will they simply set up the phone and then I choose the plan through Verizon at their store, or online? I'll also be buying a new Mophie Credit Card reader, which I can get at Apple or online at Mophie.

Will the return policy be the same in each? Will I be able to back out of the plan and revert to AT&T with equal ease regardless of where I buy?

If I get everything at Apple will they throw in any extras like a new case or screen protector? Will Verizon throw in any extras?

If the answer is that there is no discernible difference to buying it at one or the other, I'll go to the Apple store. There is an upper level salesperson who has helped me before and is knowledgable and easy to deal with. If its the same I'd go back to him.

Thanks for your advice.

2. Geffen macrumors 6502

I would go to a Verizon store so they can explain their calling plans and put you in the correct plan, thats not to say an Apple store couldn't do the same however in your case of switching and getting 2 iphone 4's i'd want to go directly to the carrier. I doubt you'll get any free accessories with an iphone 4 purchase i've heard of other carrier's such as Sprint throwing in a case or screen protectors. I purchased my Verizon iphone 4 as an online pre order.

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I would go to to Verizon store like Geffen said. They'll be able to help you with everything better.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

That info can be done by looking online or calling.

5. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I'm fixing to order one for my wife and I've been debating ordering from Apple or Verizon. If Verizon has a good case I'll probably go with them.

6. iphoneIA macrumors regular

I have been a Verizon customer for many years and I ordered 2 iphones on 2/3 from their website. I would say go to an authorized Verizon store. IMO try to stay away from the stores that sell across multiple carriers. With Verizon stores they should be able to answer all your questions.

7. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Apple store, definitely.

Apple has much better customer service and NO restocking fees should you decide to return anything, including iPhones.

Verizon store will charge $70.00 restocking fee should you decide to return an iPhone. And their customer service isn't all that great. Great network, but they just don't have the customer service that Apple has.

8. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

I asked a good question

Thanks for the responses, so far. Seems to be a differing of opinions. Obviously , I expected some pros and cons with each. I think the restocking fee with Verizon may be the deal breaker. If they say I have 14 days to return the phones, you'd think that would be for a total refund. I may end up going to Apple and then checking on the Verizon web site or by calling them, and ensuring I have the deal I want.