where should i get my ram?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mikalh78, May 27, 2009.

1. mikalh78 macrumors regular

2. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I don't know about any additional shipping to ON, but I've had great success with OWC RAM.

3. mikalh78 thread starter macrumors regular

on top of the lower pricing should/could i get a rebate if i send in my current existing RAM too? i saw its $12. or should i keep it if the new RAM ever fubars?

4. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Correct. OWC will buy your original RAM back from you. I've alway been very happy with OWC and buy my RAM from them.

Hang onto your old RAM if you want, but I find when I hang on to mine it just lays around and I rarely ever go back and use it again.

Definitely check on the cost of shipping your old RAM back to OWC. Selling your old RAM back to OWC might not be cost effective once you figure in the shipping cost.

5. JiveMasterT macrumors newbie

I have 4GB of OWC in my Unibody Macbook 2.4ghz. Works great. A coworker has tried twice with OWC and their machine will not wake from sleep with it, so your mileage may vary. They are now sending him some Samsung RAM to try but I have no idea how that will be.

Keep your old RAM around though. You might NEVER need it, but if you do it's often the difference between not having your machine for an hour vs not having your machine for a few days.

6. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

I got OWC ram. remember, the quality of the product is more important then where it comes from. As posted before, even good places can have defective products. it is like 1 in 100 or whatever, but it is possible no matter what.