Where should I pre-order or reserve?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rye9, Jun 15, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Here's my situation: there's an AT&T store about 3 miles from me; I could literally walk there to get my iPhone... and there's an Apple Store about a half hour or more driving distance away. I had originally planned on picking it up at the Apple Store because well... the iPhone is made by them, so I felt it would be "more appropriate"... considering I got my 3G at an AT&T store and it came in a lousy orange bag. I felt as a "fanboy" it's almost my duty to go to the Apple Store and wait in line lol. Also, I wanted to pick up an accessory or two for my new iPhone, and I know they'd have them at the Apple Store... but does anybody know if they'd have them at an AT&T store? And what are your thoughts on where I should reserve for pick-up? I understand having it delivered for free is very easy and all.. but the idea of waiting around all day at home anxiously to plug it into iTunes doesn't excite me too much.

I'm also considering just reserving at AT&T because the Apple Store has been down forever (well, it's backed up) and I'm considering just doing it on AT&T's site.

2. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

It's AT&T who is backed up, not Apple. And you cannot pick up on launch day from AT&T store, but the day after. If you want launch day pickup, you must reserve one at Apple store.

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Oh, that's right! I guess I'll be doing it at Apple then. Now how does that AT&T thing work then? Will they have them in stock and sell on a first come first serve basis or they straight up don't sell any until Friday?