Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mariee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2010
Yesterday my Ipod Touch was in my bag as well as a juice box.
Well apparently something in my bag punctured the juice box and juice got all over my ipod. i dried it out and let it sit for about a day and i just recently tried to charge it. It won't charge or turn on and i guess now i will have to return it.
My mom bought it at Costco around the Christmas season and I don't know where the receipt is.
I was wondering if I should return it to Costco or to Apple.
(you cannot tell that it has been damaged by liquid/ and I have the box and all the accesories)

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
If you are considering an exchange/refund I vote for Costco. If you are going the repair route however, then you should contact Apple.

Don't be surprised that Apple will likely charge you for the repair once they discover, based on the triggering of the LSI (liquid submersion indicator) markers, that your iPod was doused in juice.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Well apparently something in my bag punctured the juice box and juice got all over my ipod. i dried it out and let it sit for about a day and i just recently tried to charge it. It won't charge or turn on and i guess now i will have to return it.
My mom bought it at Costco around the Christmas season and I don't know where the receipt is.
(you cannot tell that it has been damaged by liquid/ and I have the box and all the accesories)

You expect them to give you a new one after you wrecked it??

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
If you were going to try to scam anyone Costco would be the one but, sadly, you don't have a receipt so you'll be SOL straight away I'd imagine.

Also, there'd be a fair chance they'd just send it off to Apple to be repaired anyway where they'd do exactly the same checks as in store. These tests would show that the liquid sensors have been tripped and you won't get an in warranty repair.

Best you can do is go to Apple and ask how much for a repair.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI

I would take it in to an Apple store and let them look at it. If they determine that is isn't caused by a liquid issue, they should replace it. If it turns out to be a liquid issue, you will have to pay for a replacement. You may be able to get a replacement for less then a new one, but it won't be free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.