Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikora7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
Hi all,

I just got a Macbook Pro (first mac since the iMac I bought 12 or 13 years ago) and a LOT has changed. I downloaded drivers for my computer but if I try to move them off my desktop, they are just alias' in the folder. I cannot move them anywhere? Is there somewhere they should have gone? How can I make them vanish off my desktop and go into a folder somewhere so I'm not seeing them all the time? (I'm sure there has to be a simple answer that I haven't yet found, right?)

Tina

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It sounds like maybe you downloaded some DMG image files with the driver inside. When you double click to open a DMG it gets "mounted" like a hard drive would. To get rid of it you need to right click then eject, then you should be able to delete it or move it.

mikora7

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
It sounds like maybe you downloaded some DMG image files with the driver inside. When you double click to open a DMG it gets "mounted" like a hard drive would. To get rid of it you need to right click then eject, then you should be able to delete it or move it.
Thanks. I think that must be what they became.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.