Where the heck am i gonna find a iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfreak623, Jun 17, 2009.

1. jfreak623 macrumors 6502

I am one who was affected by AT&T upgrade changes so i can now get one friday, HOWEVER i know that AT&T preorders wont be fufilled until next week sometime but i figured i could still go really early and wait in line and get one but i just got off the phone with the store and he told me everyone there in the morning will be those that already ordered and they will be first and not to waste my time! Blah...what am i gonna do? I figured it was gonna be first come first serve? I would go to apple but anybody know if they are having those problems as far as FAN Accounts this year?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You might just have to wait till after Friday. Although I know there are a bunch of them sitting at a UPS warehouse in Kentucky... :D

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I'd say Wal-Mart. You can even try pre-ordering at Best Buy.

4. rwpeary macrumors newbie

What Patrick said, your best bets will be Wally World or Best Buy if you want one on Friday. I'm saying this primarily because that the average pre-order lineup is in the neighborhood of 800 or so @ the apple stores (don't quote me on that) but I read recently somewhere an apple employee averaged out that number based on the pre-orders that he could see pending in the system.

Good luck & happy hunting!

5. jfreak623 thread starter macrumors 6502

looks like i will be heading to best buy then! Think i should get there really early? Are they doing pre-orders?

6. savior1974 macrumors regular

Just called the bestbuy in my area, they still have tons available for preorder. What they have you do is, you pay 50 dollars and they give you a 50 dollar gift card and write your name in a book. Then on Friday you are guaranteed an iPhone3gs. You use the 50 dollar gift card to purchase the iPhone.

7. jfreak623 thread starter macrumors 6502

awesome to hear! thanks for the info! Im meeting the guy buying my phone tomorrow and then i will take the money to best buy to preorder. I sold my 8 GB 3G phone for 250 so im getting a pretty sweet deal! Free Upgrade to 16GB 3GS!

8. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Yup my Best Buy guy let me preorder and said I would be the first to pick it up on Friday 9:00a.m