Where the heck is my refund?!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MoleSkine, Jul 21, 2009.

1. MoleSkine macrumors member

Afternoon all -

I made a purchase in the Apple Store almost two weeks ago on DEBIT (because im an idiot) rather than on credit. Well, Apple doesn't refund money back to your account when you purchase on DEBIT, since it is considered cash they mail you a check (old skewl method).

I have been getting different answers everytime I call the store and from customer relations. It can take up to a month! :mad: :eek:

I want this refund obviously back but moreover to buy a new Apple product. Has anyone waited for a check or have you heard how long does it on average take?

Waiting 1 month to recieve a refund back seems absolutely EXCESSIVE! :eek:

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The taking for ever is nothing new with Apple. Why it takes that long doesn't make sense. I have heard the explanations, but, don't worry you are not special.

3. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

You aren't alone but rest assured....it is coming

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Just got mine yesterday, less than 3 weeks if my memory serves me right from when I turned it in. Two separate checks, one for the printer and one for the ipod.

5. MicahFreak82 macrumors member

i am still waiting too and i bought on june 16th but i guess that mail takes longer to get to hawaii. probably any day now

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Apple doesn't take forever. I used my educational discount, and got my iPod refund check in a little over a day. But then again, I like like 50 miles from Cupertino...

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

refund ≠ rebate

They are handled by different departments (rebate processing is usually outsourced) and I would imagine that they have different processing times.

8. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Is the OP waiting for a refund on a computer? or the iPod/printer rebate? Unclear on this one....please clarify.

9. aethelbert macrumors 601

Guessing from previous posts, the original post in this thread, and the title, it's a refund.

10. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

11. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Not everyone on here understands the diff. between refund and rebate...but I think you are right, it is a refund.

12. doox00 macrumors regular

That would irritate me pretty bad to have to wait weeks for a refund.. I had this at best buy once for a tv I purchased.. ended up returning it because the colors were just not right.. I had to wait for a check also.. took less than a week though, 4 or 5 days maybe.

13. MoleSkine thread starter macrumors member

Hi all - yes this in regards to a REFUND not a rebate. I returned an item to the Apple store but because I purchased it by debit transaction instead of credit - Apple consideres this as "real cash" and thus issues a check...

so, I cant even go to the store to complain unless I do not recieve a check by Aug. 11! (I returned item on July 11) :(