Where the hell is Directory Utility and Directory App in Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iphong, Jun 22, 2009.

1. iphong macrumors member

iphong

Couldn't find it anywhere! Did Apple take this off on purpose? Are they planning something new?

And also something to mention, Server Admin 10.5.6 and Apple Remote Desktop 3.2 DOES NOT WORK on Snow Leopard. The only way to manage my Server is to use Screen Sharing app <-- IT SUCK.

2. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

It IS beta software; I would expect some thing to be broken. I'm sure Apple could probably give you a hand with some of those issues.

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Nope. They're gone on purpose - the appropriate preferences moved to System Preferences, instead.

4. iphong thread starter macrumors member

iphong

Directory Utility is moved to Core Services folder, and is not searchable anymore. It can be accessed from System Prefs -> Accounts

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

It is searchable, if you enable the inclusion of system files.

Attached Files:

6. Anony999 macrumors newbie

How do i enable the inclusion of system files ?

Taken me an hour to get this far looking for Directory Access, then Directory Utility !!!

New to macs yesterday so bear with me :)

Regards

Dave

7. tapoensgen macrumors newbie

Systemfiles

Hi Dave

In case you haven't figured it out yourself, please look at calderone's post before yours. The image shows the Finder window with the option "Systems Files" to show. As soon as you type, say, "Directory" in the search box, you will have the availability of this option (and others).

Tobias

8. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Quickest no-muss, no-fuss method of accessing Directory Utility in 10.6 is to navigate to System Preferences->Accounts, then select Login Options. Look for the Join button next to Network Account Server, then click on Open Directory Utility.