Where the hell is iLife 06 when you want it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markyp, Dec 4, 2008.

1. markyp macrumors newbie

hi

Somehow I'm still running iPhoto 2 and it has ground to a halt. I am only running a pootly little G4 anglepoise iMac (1Ghz, 768 Mb RAM, 10.4.11) and iLife 08 sounds like it'll be too much, especially with all this iMovie stuff.

I want to buy iLife 06 but it seems the app police have been out and about and short of naughty downloads (which I would never do, natch), it's 08 or nothing.

Frankly, I could care less about the rest of iLife, it's iPhoto I want. Am I missing something obvious? Does anyone know anywhere (UK based) I can get iLife 06? Or am I fretting about nothing and should I just get 08? Don't really feel up to spending 55 sheets on something I'll only use a bit of. Any tips?

Oh, and one more thing - am I likely to find a performance difference with these newer iPhotos? I've got about 2,000 photos on the pooter.

Cheers
    Mark

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

do you know what version of iphoto your mac shipped with?

in any case you can always use your restore disks to install iphoto ( the one you had originally) again on your mac

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

ebay might have 06. Also, iMovie 06 can be downloaded for free to anyone with iLife 08.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Not terribly long ago (two or three months as I recall) there was another person who was UK based and wound up winning both auctions on eBay UK that he bid on for iLife 06, so was trying to get rid of the second one. Can't really offer much more info, but some searching of the forums might lead to it.

At any rate, at least it does point out that there are instances of it appearing on eBay UK that you might look into!

5. markyp thread starter macrumors newbie

iphoto 06

Cheers to all, I shall keep trying ebay. I'm running 2.0.1 iPhoto, so I'm assuming I'll notice a difference when I finally get my hands on a newer version. Do you think I'm right?

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes, I believe you will be enthused about the improvements in iPhoto (efficiency as well as feature wise) as well as the advanced capabilities of all the programs in the iLife suite.

You, as was the earlier poster from the UK, are probably making a good choice by sticking with 06 BTW, since a few of the features of 08 would not be compatible with your system, so stick with what works! :)

If you are not aware of the System Requirements of 06, you can see them on this Apple page.

Good luck on snagging a copy!