Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mowlavie91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
No posts have been added about it lately and it was supposed to come out in February, but i want it now!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Isn't this the 2nd thread about this with nearly the exact same question?
Try searching the forums and "late February" usually means "late February".

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
No posts have been added about it lately and it was supposed to come out in February, but i want it now!

I'm curious. Unless you are a developer using the SDK and plan on going through Apple to get your SDK applications released for the iPod touch / iPhone, why are you even worried about getting the SDK ? Do people actually believe that they will be able to create / load applications on their iPhone / iPod touch without going through Apple / iTunes and without paying some money to Apple ?

pizz

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2007
I'm curious. Unless you are a developer using the SDK and plan on going through Apple to get your SDK applications released for the iPod touch / iPhone, why are you even worried about getting the SDK ? Do people actually believe that they will be able to create / load applications on their iPhone / iPod touch without going through Apple / iTunes and without paying some money to Apple ?

Thats why we have jailbreak ;)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Do people actually believe that they will be able to create / load applications on their iPhone / iPod touch without going through Apple / iTunes and without paying some money to Apple ?

Yes. If Apple charges for third-party apps then it won't stem the amount of jailbreaking going on, and I'm sure that's something Apple wants to avoid.

Edit: I thought of another reason. There must be a way for you to get your own apps onto your iPod for development and testing, so the same technique could be used to get them onto other iPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.