Where to buy 2010 Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wmmf, Sep 13, 2011.

1. wmmf macrumors member

Hello, all,

I'm looking to simplify my mom's life by upgrading her 2002 (!) Gateway desktop, not to another PC but instead to a Mini. She's on a bit of a budget and doesn't need a lot of bells and whistles, so I wanted to get her the 2010 version. The problem, and perhaps I'm not using the ideal Google search terms or something, is that I can't find sites that are selling them, just the new 2011 models. I assume some retailers still have the old model, especially since not much time has passed since the refresh.
    So, does anyone have recommendations for online retailers that would still be selling the 2010 Mini?

Thanks in advance...

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I'd definately recommend the Apple Refurb Store on the Apple website. (HERE is the link). Doesn't appear that they have any Minis at the moment, but it changes on a daily basis. The big advantage to this is that these units have the same 1-year Apple warranty, plus a $100 rebate for a printer.

3. jazzbeaunola, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

jazzbeaunola macrumors newbie

Re: Where to buy 2010 Mac Mini

Hi, wmmf. Just did a little poking around to see what's available out there in the 2010 Mini. If I'm not mistaken, Apple's part number is MC270LL/A. I did a Google shopping search on it and came up with a substantial list of vendors who appear to still be able to supply it. Give that a shot, and good luck!

4. wmmf thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, jazzbeau! The part number was the key piece of info (I just couldn't seem to find it in the morass earlier). There doesn't seem to be much price difference, though, with the cheapest being just $30 below the current model. I guess I was hoping for at least $100 off the 2010 Mini, getting under that psychological barrier of $500. Anyone else got a tip?

5. ericthered macrumors member

6. Fishrrman macrumors G4

I'll second the above post about buying from the Apple refurb store online.

You have to keep an eye out for when the Mini you want comes into stock.

A good way to do that is to use this resource:
    http://www.refurb.me/us/

You can even set it up so that it sends you an email when the model you want is in stock again.