Where to buy 3G iPhone: ATT or Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psymac, Jun 23, 2008.

1. psymac macrumors 6502

I already have an iPhone, wondering if its better (shorter line, more availability, easier activation) to buy the 3G on 7/11 at an Apple store or at an ATT corporate store.

I'm thinking probably an ATT corporate store over Apple, not so much in the press and maybe shorter line and better activation process. Not sure about how many in stock though, Apple may be better in that regard.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

I think Apple Stores will see a bit more business but I don't think it'll be that bad to get in either.

As far as speed of activation, I'd have to hope that would be faster at an at&t store.

3. nejhwk macrumors newbie

Talked to apple store in SF, CA

They told me that the apple store would have a much much larger stock of iphones on launch day than the ATT store and more people to help. I think i might go to the apple store in the Marina - Sanfrancisco. Any other people have thoughts?

First macrumors post... woot.

4. rayward macrumors 68000

I'm not upgrading just yet, but if I was I'd leave 7/11 alone, and go on 7/12. Or maybe very late at night if they stay open 'til midnight like last time. If there's a crunch on activation, it would suck to be waiting in line in a store.

If you have to get one on 7/11, I'd go to an Apple Store because AT&T stores will sell out.

5. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Apple or ATT?

I dont know. I already went to the att store, to have them do a credit check and all was fine. I figure it would be easier to go there, but Apple's people are usually really helpful. Apple also has better cases and whatnot. Even though Apple is further, I will probably end up there :/