Where to buy 64GB iPhone 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d4m1r, Mar 21, 2015.

1. d4m1r macrumors regular

d4m1r

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can buy a 100% new 64GB iPhone 5s?? Specifically the silver one. I ask because ever since the iPhone 6 came out, Apple.com is only selling the 16GB and 32GB models on their website....

To my surprise, you can't even find them on Ebay....You can used, but I only want 100% new sealed and factory unlocked. I will be traveling to New Jersey and New York state next month so if anyone knows where in the USA in general you can walk in and buy new 64GB iPhone 5s' (or even online and ship to USA address), that would be appreciated! :)

2. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Each requirement narrows down the search so much, and this is all I could find on eBay and one from sears? From hong kong and a hardware store, but I haven't been able to find any other options.

http://www.sears.com/apple-iphone-5s-64gb-at-t-unlocked-gsm-4g/p-SPM7608986303?hlSellerId=1363&sid=IDx20110310x00001i&kpid=SPM7608986303&kispla=SPM7608986303&kpid=SPM7608986303&mktRedirect=y

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-5S-64GB-Silver-factory-unlocked-A1536-3G-4G-LTE-Any-GSM-World-Wide-/141344852063?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e8cf485f

3. nordique macrumors 6502a

Best bet may be to find one with 2 apple care plus replacements remaining for cheap and use one of the replacements to get a "new" phone

Try kijiji or Craig's list to see if there any private sales

Otherwise it's eBay or an electronics store that has stock left over.

Unfortunately the 64GB 5S isn't officially sold any more

4. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

Carriers stores will carry older models as long as supplies last, they should still be selling a few 64 GB iPhone 5s though I'm not sure whether a contract is required (pretty sure you could buy without contract). I remember when the iPhone 5 was released, AT&T in store were selling 64 GB iPhone 4s for $100 less (instead of $399 for the 64 it was $299).

5. rockitdog Suspended

Where to buy 64GB iPhone 5s?

I'd try swappa.com

6. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

I'm greatly enjoying the 64 Gig Silver iPhone 5S I got on swappa.

To each their own I suppose.

7. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

8. BearsFan4Life88 macrumors member

Yeah I know. There are few iPhone 5S's going for like $800+. Crazy.

9. d4m1r thread starter macrumors regular

d4m1r

Yah wtf, why is that?? On Amazon and Ebay, new 64GB iPhone 5s are going for $800-900...Can get an iPhone 6 for that money...

Why does Apple always do this even btw?? I don't get it...They always discontinue the high end previous model, just like they stopped selling 32GB iPhone 4 when the 4S came out and you could then only buy the 8GB or 16GB model from them...Same thing now.

Excellent idea...But how can I confirm the phone has apple care on it at all and still has any replacements remaining? Is Apple Care 100% transferable? I could buy a used phone with apple care on it and if it "broke" get a new 64GB with warranty...

Interesting site but I want to get/buy one from Apple with full warranty. As much as I want a 64GB (and need the 64GB), I'd still rather buy a new 32GB from Apple directly than even slightly used 64GB one....I'm just weird like that lol

10. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Then you are probably going to have a hard time finding a new one at a decent price. I would also second Swappa..

11. sk24iam macrumors regular

12. nordique, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015

nordique macrumors 6502a

Its just a business thing. Gets more people to get the higher capacity, newer device. Smart business decision, not the most ideal for customer options though.

I'm in Canada, just like you - What I did for my 5S, was I bought a cheap one off Kijiji in good condition with sealed accessories (the owner never touched the accessories) - it was locked to Telus and 64GB with 2 replacements remaining - all for 460$ Canadian. You have to search for a phone that has apple care plus specifically. You can tell by a seller if they are a normal individual and nothing shady, essentially by how well they write in response on emails or texts. Don't bother with people who can't spell out simple words. The guy I met was a class act and I had no issues with the transaction whatsoever. I wanted a new phone, so I essentially broke the model that they sold me, got a replacement from the apple store and that was the "new" device (at the time it was still on 7.1.2, this was January 2015 after I sold my iPhone 6.) The replacement I received was also unlocked which was nice, since Telus isn't my carrier! It originally was intended to be a gift which didn't end up working out, so I kept it as my personal phone.

I did something similar for my work phone (iPhone 5). Its a good and affordable way to get a "new" iPhone provided you can be patient and wait for the right deal, on your terms. If you're in a large enough city, that opportunity will eventually present itself - as you have to be patient with kijiji to find the right deal sometimes, that is the only trick.

And apple care is attached to the phone. The person would need to completely undo their apple ID from the phone, and unregister the phone from their apple account (they can just do that online) - then you register the new phone's serial number and voila! Its officially yours, apple care plus included.

13. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

That is just wrong.

And people wonder why AppleCare is so expensive.