Where to buy a First Generation iPad!? Need one ASAP!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rawan, Apr 19, 2011.

1. rawan macrumors member

Hello Guys,

I had a 16GB Wifi Refurbished iPad in my cart at the apple store for $350! Went in to buy it, and to my lovely luck, it's out of stock! Called Apple, they have no idea when and if they're gona get more.

I'm leaving the country beginning of May. I really need to have one with me before I do. I searched online but couldn't find any (at least well-priced ones).

I have a 32 GB iPad 2, so I don't want to pay much money on this. 16GB is more than enough, and Apple refurbished is cheaper, thus better.

So, any ideas on where I can find one?

And any ideas if Apple might be getting more refurbished 1st generation iPads anytime soon? (maybe based on previous experience with them?)

Much appreciated

Rawan

2. Meanee macrumors 6502a

I've seen them for sale at Verizon kiosk in BJ's. I think it was 299 for 16gb.

3. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

From what I've seen in the local stores, target still carries them.

4. Charadis, Apr 19, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

Charadis macrumors 6502a

Verizon lowered the price on all of their original iPad stock by an additional $100 on top of the price drop by Apple earlier this year, but good luck finding a 16GB original iPad ($299) at Verizon. I was lucky to have a rep call me back on April 1 that one more became available due to a reserved 16GB version that was never picked up.

You can probably still find a 32GB original iPad for $399 at Verizon which is still cheaper than iPad 2, and a better price than for the same price the 16GB original is selling for elsewhere.

-C

Sent from my iPad

5. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

Wal-Mart bro, I just got my 32gb wifi+3G one there.

6. rawan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Guys! I ended up getting a 32GB one for $399 from Verizon, as you suggested.

I checked the Apple website right after I bought it btw, the 16Gb refurbished iPad was back in stock...That was funny..Though, $399 for a new 32GB iPad is a smarter buy than $350 for a refurbished 16GB. So I decided to keep it, though I really don't need 32GB. Wish I had found 16GB at Verizon..Would've been perfect at $299. I checked at 5 different Verizons near me, all sold out.

Wallmart was all sold out for all models btw.

Thanks again!

7. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

The WalMart nearest me still has two first gen iPads. A 3G model for $629 and a WiFi model for $599 (both 64 GB I think).

They could be there a while.

They never got any second gen iPads, but they did get a small truckload of smart covers. The packaging on the smart covers needs a bit of work. For whatever reason, the covers are always laying on the floor having fallen out of the packaging. Good luck selling dirty, scuffed up smart covers.