Where to buy a new Macbook Hard Drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jason_Bryan, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Jason_Bryan macrumors regular

My MacBook HD died today and I am hoping someone can recomend a good retailer I can buy a replacement from.

2. azulchica macrumors newbie

ebay

no, seriously I've seen some great deals

just make sure they have a good feedback rating

3. El Cid macrumors member

El Cid

It depends if you want to do the replacement yourself or have it "professionally" installed. The MB HD is a piece of cake to replace, seriously.
    So get the hard drive of your choice, lots of advice on these forums on brand, size and speed from a reputable retailer/mail order house. My short list would be: NewEgg, Geeks.com, Amazon, Otherworld Commuting. For a Retail box store, Best Buys or the like.

Personally, I like Western Digital, but I have also had good results with Toshiba, Hitachi and Segate.

Doh, on my part I just noticed you are in the UK. So I am clueless on a good vendor in this case.
    Best of Luck!

4. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

You can try MacConnection. www.macconnection.com

I have bought alot of stuff from them. They can ship stuff out for overnight delivery up to 2am eastern time!:D

*Barring events beyond our control, you can place your order for most in-stock products in the continental U.S. as late as 2 a.m. ET (5 p.m. for some products as noted) and, in most parts of the country, expect to receive your shipment the next business day.

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

you can find that drive for $189 at zipzoomfly

6. GelleCC macrumors regular

GelleCC

So I hope all of you are still subscribed to this thread lol

Do any of you know if those same sites would be good for getting more ram and memory as well? Also, does anyone know if it would be easy to switch a combo drive for a super drive? I was going to get a macbook pro because I wanted the dvd burner but an offer came up for a regular macbook and I totally forgot about the superdrive. I know I could get an external dvd burner, but I'd prefer not to lug that around.

This isn't the thread for this question, but I'll ask anyway. I had a pc :p and I had CC Cleaner. Is there a mac alternative? I've heard onyx is good, but is it the best?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

7. Grimbo macrumors member

8. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

The largest notebook drives are 500 GB right now.

9. JCastro macrumors 6502a

All of those sites should still be good. I highly recommend Newegg, OWC or Tigerdirect.

As far as Onyx goes. I have not used it but lots of my friends do and swear by it.

10. GelleCC macrumors regular

GelleCC

I ended up getting onyx about two minutes after I posted my questions. lol in case anyone was wondering, it's pretty good!

And thanks for answering the majority of my questions, but do those sites sell superdrives as well? And are they easy to install yourself?

11. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89