Where to buy a refurb?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Caddy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Caddy macrumors member

I skimmed through some of the forums and I didn't see a list of places that people would recommend. I am thinking about a 14 inch ibook. I've seen them retail at 500 (I think at powermacs). Is this an acceptable price? My sig line is no longer valid, btw. I returned that computer only to go through about 4 more PCs in the last four years. I am sick of this. Sony Vaio just crashed, so I am off to buy a Mac.

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Refurbished machines (fairly new machines that Apple has fixed up to be like new) are only available on apple.com. It sounds like you're just looking for a used computer, which can be found in lots of places. Check Craigslist, Ebay, Powermax (you already mentioned that one), Mac of All Trades... There are probably more but I can't think of them right now.

3. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

I can't stand it when people bring politics into macrumors forums.

God bless America for free speech.

BTW - Only Apple makes refurbs and they come with a warranty. There are plenty of other sites that you can buy ibooks, etc... Google it.

4. Caddy thread starter macrumors member

Okay, well, I had another question then.

Is 600 Mhz with 30 GB suitable for my applications? I will be using the computer for general web surfing and some microsoft word.

Thanks.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It should be fine for those things.