Where to buy a shopping cart?

wonga1127

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Wishing for a magic bus.
I really want a shopping cart. Me and my friends "found" one, but had to let it go because no one wanted to give it a home. So I decided that I would buy one, as storage and use would no longer be illegal. Where do you buy shopping carts? (Idk if google works, all it gives me is a bunch of crap about e-commerce). Any ideas?

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
There has to be abandoned grocery carts near, around or by your town.

Maybe its just me, but Im always noticing carts miles from places they belong to.

Whose to say you didnt find that cart, sans identifying labels, at the junkyard.

Not like they were ever gonna get it back anyway. I wouldnt feel too bad especially if its a large corporation. ;)

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Yet amusingly appropriate for your nick. :p
Ha ha!

Just go down to your local grocery store, I know of two people that have had shopping carts given to them. Both were needed for independant videos they were making.

The carts weren't brand new, but a few dings and dents add character!

knelto

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2007
There has to be abandoned grocery carts near, around or by your town. Maybe its just me, but Im always noticing carts miles from places they belong to.
That's how I got all of mine years ago. Found some in gullies close to where I live and next to apartment complexes.

Its no fun doing dangerous stuff in a U-haul, I have to return one of those.
Doing Jackass-like things are we? I used to be all over that kind of stuff.

Speaking of shopping carts, this is something I made my senior year of high school (yes, I got it on collegehumor). I never got to make the one I really wanted to make (needed specific type of cart). Maybe one day I'll get around to building it.

Attachments

tracetritt

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2007
Northwestern Wisconsin, USA
I can picture it now. Walking into my local grocery store and bringing my own cart to shop in. The provided ones are disgusting anyways. Some people bring in their own bags to put the groceries in; why not your own cart eh?

Trace