where to buy a user mac pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CSHawkeye81, Sep 17, 2009.

1. CSHawkeye81 macrumors member

I was looking for a quad core mac pro in which I can then put a radeon 4870 into it. Any ideas where is my best place to pick one up??

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I recommend refurb store. 2.66GHz quad-core Mac Pro is ~2200$ there (currently unavailable) so you save over 300$ and it's basically a brand new Mac

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I too am a refurb evangelist - and here's WHY you should go refurb (these are from various apple verbage on the advantages of their refurbs):

# It performs and looks like new
    # You get the same one-year warranty as new
    # The computer carries the same eligibility for Apple Care as new
    # It is fully tested (including full burn-in testing)
    # It is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing
    # It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected
    # It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) – nothing is missing
    # It includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system
    # It is placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock
    # You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code

4. Paradigm macrumors member

Paradigm

I, too, am a Refurbished Mac supporter. I have 6 Macs. One 17" MacBook Pro I bought at retail last year (early 2008). The other 5 are all Refurb. 2 17" iMacs. 2 MacBooks (1 Black and 1 White). A 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2009). The savings was more than $1,500.00 for the 5 Refurbs. compared to paying full retail. Thank you Apple!!! Here's the link to the site: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/mac_pro

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Bought my MBP Retail, but i think from now on im gonna go Refurb too, unless its launch day (Tablet hint hint ;P)