Where to buy Airport card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cosheruppls, Sep 17, 2011.

1. cosheruppls macrumors newbie

This is already the second time my Airport card has failed in my Macbook Pro 13 in 2010 version. The first time it did i brought it to a repair shop which a reseller outsources its servicing to and i was set back by a whopping S$480. Thinking of DIY this time - thanks in advance!

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

First mistake was to not take it to an Apple store. What exactly was wrong where you had to spend $480?

Airport card here

3. cosheruppls thread starter macrumors newbie

There isn't any Apple retail store in Singapore only resellers (to my knowledge). This reseller's outsourced servicing co said they needed to replace the airport card (s$480) and trackpad ($500). I was at a loss and opted to minimise the damage so only chose the card. Thanks for the link i'll check it out!

4. incognito6174 macrumors newbie

I am facing the same problem. There are at least 4 certified Apple resellers in Singapore who also do repairs; each one of them quoted me S$300-350 for the card replacement + S$80-120 for labor. That's S$380 (USD300) in total assuming minimum damage.
    Since I have already tried to remove and re-fix the card hoping that it was just a connection problem (but in vain), I have decided to order a card online (USD50-80), get it shipped and then replace it on my own. It took me a maximum of half-an-hour. S$380 sounds a it too much to me just because my card failed.