Where to buy an iMac in Germany?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sebi247, Jul 18, 2012.

1. sebi247 macrumors member

Since 3 months no f... way to buy an iMac in Germany (27'', 3,4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2TB, 2GB) apart from the Apple Shop (but I'm not willing to spend 2650 Euro=3242 US-Dollars). Does anyone now a reseller shop (normally about 350 Euro cheaper) in the EU, where that iMac configuration is in stock? :mad::apple::mad:

2. Star Nuts macrumors member

Do you happen to be in the US military or have a military family member there? If so, buy it on base. Are the iMac's really that expensive in Germany? I'm in Germany right now and I could have sworn they were close to the US prices, except in Euro of course.

3. sebi247 thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, but no, I have no US military "connections". The prices are from the German Apple Store (http://store.apple.com/de) and yes: it's very (absurd) expensive to buy an Apple product here :(

4. seniorchang macrumors member

the prices in germany are rediculous. apple uses a 1 usd = 1 eur rule which is more convenient I guess but too damn expensive. I doubt you'll get it much much cheaper elsewhere in Germany, except if you are a student. Then it'll cost you 2332€ = 2864$.

5. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

6. sebi247 thread starter macrumors member

Freiburg i. Br. :)