Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.
Where would you say the best place to buy an iPad is, and why? Are there any places with "bundles" or stuff like that? I haven't been paying much attention to iPads lately, so I'm sorry for the dumb question.

Also, AT&T vs. Verizon iPad? Which one? I used to have a Verizon iPad 2 but I'd be interested to know what you guys think the AT&T experience is like.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Personally purchased both AT&T and Verizon 3G models. Both services sucked for the money.
Purchased a Verizon 4g (3G capable too) hot spot that can handle up to 5 connections, absolutely love it.
I would recommend going that route. The only draw back is the 2 yr contract. Performance wise no comparison.
If I keep the device for 3 months and terminate the contract it's the same cost as the $139 difference between the wifi and 3G iPad models.

just a thought

Best place to buy.
Micro enter routinely has $50 each model.
Best buy f you have a reward zone card, also has 0% interest up to 12 months.
Target if you apply for their cc you save 5%
Amazon, apply for their cc and save $$$
Apple is an option

Other than some special deals an iPad is an iPad regardless where you buy it. The only difference is who hands it to you.

Last edited:

seeharrison

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
Macmall.com offers free shipping and no sales tax to most states. They're also an authorized Apple reseller. Just my 2 cents...

Sandman1969

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2007
just a thought

Best place to buy.
Micro enter routinely has $50 each model.
Best buy f you have a reward zone card, also has 0% interest up to 12 months.
Target if you apply for their cc you save 5%
Amazon, apply for their cc and save $$$
Apple is an option

Actually, currently Best Buy has 18 months same as cash. That is where we bought our 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.