Where to buy Apple Care and Apple Care+

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aman74, Nov 24, 2015.

1. aman74 macrumors newbie

First off....can I buy it basically anywhere? I got my phone at Verizon and will probably get my iMac at Apple, but would like to get a cheaper price if possible. Can I buy it anywhere and just show proof of purchase somehow?

If so, who has the best prices?

Thanks!

2. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have found B&H has the best pricing on AppleCare for the Macs. Note that they don't sell AppleCare Plus. That's only for the mobile devices and must be bought through Apple within 60 days of the date of purchase.

3. campyguy, Nov 25, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

campyguy macrumors 68030

You'll need to get your AC+ from Apple IMO, they and Best Buy are the only retailers that I'm aware of that sell AC+ - and Apple will want to physically inspect your iPhone, at least that's what they've demanded of me.

As for AC, I've purchased from Apple (in the past) and now from B&H and Amazon, when Amazon has the same price. A perk that Amazon had on my last purchase was, as a Prime member, a free year of their Unlimited File Storage. If you check out Appleinsider's web site, they have a list of prices for Macs and Macs+AC - sometimes Adorama (an Apple Authorized Dealer) adds in AC for free with free expedited shipping too. AI may have other deals available too.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

You need to reverse that. There is no AppleCare+ for Macs, it's only on iOS devices. AppleCare (without the Plus) is only available on Macs and not on iOS devices anymore (hasn't been since the 5s I believe). AppleCare must be purchased within a year, AppleCare+ must be purchased within 60 days. AppleCare+, unless bought at the time of purchase at Best Buy, must be bought through Apple. You cannot return to Best Buy to add AppleCare+ within the 60 days last I checked.

5. campyguy macrumors 68030

I've done that before - it's stuck in my brain for some reason. Reversed/edited/fixed/hammered into oblivion.