Where to buy applecare online? (and get the activation code immediately)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by s7on3d, Jun 1, 2008.

1. s7on3d macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,
    Thanks to months of procrastinating, my 1 year warranty is about to run out (in around 15 days).
    I was wondering if any of you bought your applecare online, and if you know of anyone that would email me the activation code instead of having to wait for it to ship... I'm currently overseas and by the time it arrives here it may be too late.

Thanks in advance,
    Ilan

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you trust me enough, I can go to the store and buy you a copy from the store with my student discount and send you the code mind that you send me the money by PayPal. I'll send you the box separately later... PM me if you want.

3. JSF macrumors member

JSF

Ebay. Just ask them to email you the code. That is what I did.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

when I bought applecare from Apple's store, they activated it immediately on the telephone......sure there are cheaper sources but if you need it taken care of right away, just call them and buy it over the telephone

5. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I just bought AppleCare for my MacBook Pr from L.A. Computer Company:

http://www.lacomputercompany.com/cgi-bin/rpcart/index.cgi?command=dispitem&type=sku&sku=10126

It was much cheaper than I found it anywhere else. (I won’t shop on EBay anymore, but that’s a story for another day. :))

I ordered my AppleCare package over the weekend, it shipped last Monday and I received it yesterday. To signup you just logon to your Apple.com account and register your AppleCare according to the instructions in the box. It took only 5 minutes, if that. Obviously, if you prefer you could activate it over the phone instead, but I thought the online route would be faster.