Where to buy apps - cydia only?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by mlomeli, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mlomeli macrumors member

Ok, totally new at JB. So new, I have t even done it yet...waiting to see if untethered is good to go.

So, is cydia the main and only place to get JB apps? The website (at least the one I went to) seemed so small. Is there any other places to go for apps?

Not real sure on how this stuff works, so I'm looking for any advice before buying anything from one place, if there are more out there.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Cydia has a website? I've never been there, LOL.

Once you jailbreak and have Cydia on your device, you'll see a ton of things you can download and install. And a lot of them are free. There are these sites called "repositories" that host JB apps and mods, Cydia's own repository is actually quite small, but other repositories have a lot more. A few repositories are set up as default, and you can add more as you learn your way around JB circles and come upon more of them.

Like I said, many of the stuff you find on Cydia are free, but if you buy one of the paid ones Cydia remembers that you bought them, and if you switch to another iDevice, you just sign in on Cydia and it lets you download the apps you bought before for free.

Oh, and Cydia's not the only way to download and install JB apps, but it's so simple and convenient I've never felt the need to do it any other way.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cydia is jus a mere fornt end for APT, if you ever use Linux or Unix system you may be familiar with that. it also have comercial package that you can pay and download similar to the official AppStore and yes it is the only one available as right now.