Where to buy FCE 3.5 cheap?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Quincer5000, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Quincer5000 macrumors newbie

I need to find out a place to buy fce 3.5 HD for cheap! 100 and under. may be able to go to 150. if anyone knows of a website please reply.

THanks in advance!:D :apple:

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I realize that you are asking about the discontinued (as of about a year ago) version 3.5 of Final Cut Express, but unless there is some reason why you need that particular version Amazon has the current shipping version of FCE (version 4) with quite a few improvements for $152 here.

3. Quincer5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes there is a reason, FCE 4 wil not work on my powermac G4. And I found a used FCE 2, but it will not edit HD footage. So FCE3.5 is the best for me. I will check on ebay. THanks, sikmacdoc:p

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Hey now, how about this???:D If you do find an earlier version, one of the Amazon sellers has a brand new copy of the 3.5 upgrade for--- get this, $11.76!

Final Cut Express 3.5 Upgrade

5. Quincer5000 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is an upgrade, I need the original full software and amazon is out. but thanks sicmacdoc:)

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yes I realize that is the upgrade package to bring FCE 1,2 or 3 up to 3.5 so just wanted to mention an option of finding a earlier version and then bringing it up to 3.5.

Last thought here- you might want to subscribe to the Low End Mac "Online Swap Meet" group on Google groups. You can post requests there as well as view the items offered. Definitely worth keeping an eye on as there are a lot of both hardware and software transactions there-- http://groups.google.com/group/lemswap?hl=en

Good luck with your search! :)