Where to buy from?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shannighan, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

if i was to buy from macmall.com or amazon.com
    would i be able to take my laptop into the apple store for an exchange if anything happened within the first few days?

2. tiredofwindows macrumors newbie

i'm wondering the same except i'm looking to buy from one of the smaller guys...i found a seller on ebay selling the new 15.4" 200gb 7200 RPM (upgraded) MBP for $2015 on their own webstore. it's really tempting but a little nerve wrecking. The website is intraservesystems.com and their ebay ID is intraservesystems. Has anyone heard of them?

3. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

i have never heard of them, but macmall has the MBP for $1844 after mail in rebate as opposed to $2174 that would be the cost at the apple store, thats saving almost $300!

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If want to do a swap at the Apple store, you have buy at the Apple store. If order from a dealer, they have their own policies. Also if you order from Apple online you have to mail your computer back in and they send you a new one. The retail and online Apple stores are not the same channels.

5. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

do the check serials or something?

like what if i bought an iPod from Best Buy and took it to an apple store with problems, wouldnt they replace it?

6. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

You can take any Apple product into Apple for warranty services and that doesnt matter where you bought it. However that could mean they are just going to service it. WHen you buy a product most places offer you a return policy period. This is where if there if there is anything wrong with it the place you bought it from will just swap it out for you. The return policy is only offered through the original channel you bought it from. Apple store goes to apple store, MacMall goes to MacMall, Best Buy to Best Buy.... So yes for return policy you have to check with each individual seller for their return policy. To note this is an area where MacMall is really lacking (Yes people are now going to debate this about them but you will notice for the most part it is pretty negative towards MacMall and dealing with their return policy and has been for years). As for the ebay guy I would check to see if they are a true authorized seller for Apple. (Yes there is a difference) The way Apple will know any of this if you try to go in there and ask for an exchange is the same way they do it anywhere. They will ask for a receipt.

Kevin :apple:

7. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

thank you for your input! very helpful!

ive decided to suck it up and buy it from the apple store (actually it didnt really bother me, but saving $300 would have been nice)

also i dont fell like waiting any longer to have my laptop.

again, thank you! very helpful

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Depends. The replacement I'm refering to is you giving them your computer and they giving you a new computer back. If you buy an iPod, odds are they give you a reburbished unit back, so it doesn't matter to them. If you buy a computer from a dealer, then you have to take it back to the dealer for the replacement.

I called CS to check on this before I made my purchase and that's what they told me.