Where to buy internationally?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KJmoon117, Sep 22, 2008.

1. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to save up for a 32GB iPod Touch since my current 8GB way to small and is starting to show it's age. Yet my current budget is constricted since I'm only 15 years old.

Only problem is that I live in Korea and that the prices are marked up by ≈40-90$ (Perhaps more due to the currency exchange)... Do you guys know of a store that ships internationally?

Thanks,
    KJ
    and sorry if I posted in the wrong thread~

P.S. Just wondering, but those of you living in Japan, do you guys know roughly how much a 32GB iPod Touch would cost in USD? I might try and get my uncle to send me one from Japan but damn these price mark ups ><'

2. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Your best bet would be eBay, plus you might save on the iPod.

3. KJmoon117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, perhaps I should wait till they start coming out on to eBay.
    But my parents aren't too fond of eBay, I was thinking of something like Amazon that ships to Korea. *sigh* ... Maybe I should rethink my option on the Classic tho :/

Thanks,
    KJ

4. fasequeira macrumors newbie

I live in Korea, too and I just received my 32GB touch off of eBay.

The price was good so I bought it.

What you have to be careful about when buying abroad is that if the price+shipping is more than W150,000 you're going to get slammed with taxes and duties.

The price that they will be coming out for in Korea in a couple of weeks is the same as the price in the US roughly if you take away the VAT. You won't save much if any at all by buying abroad.

I bought mine because I wanted it faster and didn't want to wait 3-5 weeks for it to be released here.