iPad Where to buy iPad 6 edition

Secrules

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Is there any advantage in purchasing a ipad6 edition from the Apple Store rather than Walmart?

sparksd

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Is there any advantage in purchasing a ipad6 edition from the Apple Store rather than Walmart?
I just bought a 2018 12.9" iPP at Walmart (a sale price) and bought AppleCare for it on the Apple web site. If I have any issues, I'll take it to an Apple store. Walmart or other similar vendors have the advantage of having sale prices.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
14-day return policy and some little perks including personal setup, if you buy it from Apple store.

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
Yeah, just need to have the packaging + included accessories.
That’s interesting. In here, Sydney, my local MYER shop specifically points out that any Apple product purchase is not swappable or can be requested for a full refund, making Apple store 14-day return policy surprisingly good.

sparksd

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
That’s interesting. In here, Sydney, my local MYER shop specifically points out that any Apple product purchase is not swappable or can be requested for a full refund, making Apple store 14-day return policy surprisingly good.
That sucks. Amazon has a better return policy - 30 days if sold & fulfilled by Amazon (which they do with iPads).

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
That sucks. Amazon has a better return policy - 30 days if sold & fulfilled by Amazon (which they do with iPads).
Wonderful. Because of the overall hostile return policy from other sellers, I am pretty much forced to buy Apple devices directly from Apple with full price (I super hate the idea of financing it). MacBook in particular is extremely difficult because of its over $3000 price tag. Yikes.

sparksd

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Wonderful. Because of the overall hostile return policy from other sellers, I am pretty much forced to buy Apple devices directly from Apple with full price (I super hate the idea of financing it). MacBook in particular is extremely difficult because of its over $3000 price tag. Yikes.
Yes, return policies absolutely need to be factored in for purchase of electronic devices like iPads - too much can be wrong in a new product or you find that it's just not the right device for you - for whatever reason. In your case, I would go to the Apple store (I almost did but the sale price was too attractive - made it easier to "sell" the purchase as a "buy now!" to my significant other!)

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
I've bought like 15+ iPads for our household over the years and only one was defective right off the bat (a certified refurb from Apple).

At the discounted $250/32GB and $330-350/128GB pricing from Amazon and Walmart, I'm fine buying from either.