Where to buy iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hostume, Jan 1, 2013.

1. hostume macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I first want to apologize if I am posting this in a wrong section.

So, I live in Europe - Bulgaria. Here iPhone 5 costs 1200 USD which is twice than what it costs in the US apple store. My question is, do you know from where I can get new factory unlocked iphone 5 which at the price of up to 700 USD like the price in the USA store?

Thank you! Happy new year.

2. mfilova macrumors newbie

Bro, the iPhone 5 price in Europe is 800+ euro (Italy, Germany, Macedonia ...) this is normal price + commission for our carriers :(

3. alex00100 macrumors regular

In Russia it costs around 1200$ too so my friend bought it in Canada even before it was available here (14 dec). As for you, you should try getting it on ebay. It can be a bit more then the official price by 100 or so. Also, as far as i know Apple online store ships internationally. I don't know if amazon ships electronics to your country. There is just one thing you need to know before buying (!) If im not mistaking, Bulgaria is a developing country (just like Russia) and in Russia there are lots of iPhones stealing on the post. It's a known fact that only about one of five iPhones get to their destination. So we either need to insurance the postage or buy with PayPal where we can get the money back if we don't get the item.
    So good luck with that! It's gonna be a mess. :) better find a friend (or a friend of your friend) or a far relative who will go to Europe or America any time soon.