Where to Buy iPHone 6S Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Resist, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

I still have the iPhone 5 with AT&T and the unlimited data plan. I feel it's finally time to upgrade and decided on the iPhone 6S Plus. I thought I wanted the 128GB version but that's one expensive phone, and after thinking about it feel the 64B version would work for me. My question is, where is the best place to buy from? I've looked at Costco, Best Buy and Apple online. I thought Costco would have a deal but they don't.

I know I'll be losing my unlimited data but I'll be gaining unlimited text and the service rates will be lower, even though my monthly bill will be higher due to the cost of the phone added in. I do worry about having limited data, even though most of the time I'm under 1GB. I wanted to switch to Verizon for the coverage, but their data plan is so much more expensive, so I'm sticking with AT&T. It's so confusing.

2. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Apple store. Pay outright or buy one on installments. Look into the unlocked version if possible.

3. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I can do the same thing through the service providers and Costco.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

AFAIK the UDP doesn't allow contracts anymore, but they may allow Next (I thought not but haven't looked into it). There isn;t really an advantage of buying outright from anywhere as all deals seem to be for installments plans/contracts these days (and it's really how it always has been). Buying on installment from Apple requires the purchase of Apple care (which is tacked on to your monthly rate automatically from them). They do a hard credit pull, apparently unusual for smartphone installments, so that is also something to keep in mind. Apple's installment option is the only official way to buy an UNLOCKED phone on installments though.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I really don't care about an unlocked phone, because I keep my phones for over 2 years. I'm probably going to stay with AT&T. If I buy from Costco it looks like I can get a $25 mail in refund store card. Plus if I buy the phone outright, it counts towards my Costco rewards and Amex refunds.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

It seems like you already know where you want to buy it from :rolleyes:

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Then go to Costco. Seems simple.

8. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Hey sometimes we all question our decisions and need a little rationalization to validate, go to Costco.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like that was a reply that was related to the OP.

10. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I think I will.

Now I'm undecided on which carrier.

AT&T is $55 - Unlimited voice/text, 2GB data (rollover data).
    Verizon is $50 - Unlimited voice/text, 1GB data.
    T-Mobile is $50 - Unlimited voice/text, 2GB data (rollover data).
    Sprint is $27.50 - Unlimited voice/text, 2GB data.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Part of it will depend on the coverage/quality that the carrier has where you are going to use it most often, and part of it will depend on your data needs as well as pricing.

12. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I realize this but it's still a hard decision. I do know that I'm not going to pay Verizon's premium ($30) for only 1GB of data, when I'm currently paying $35 for unlimited. I like the idea of rollover data but with AT&T it only rolls over one month, while with T-Mobile it's 12 months. Sprint has the best price per month but coverage might be an issue, as well as download speeds, and the same with T-Mobile.

13. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

I can't decide what advice to give. Can some please recommend some?

14. MephistoZap macrumors newbie

MephistoZap

Look into cricket, it's owned by att and has good plans, I've been with them for over a year now with no issues. Really like them so far.

15. xixi.li macrumors regular

lol ,Waiting the advice with you

16. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

Have you looked into Apple's trade in program? I believe an iPhone 5 will get you a $200 credit towards a new phone.

The phone will be unlocked and will work on all four U.S. carriers.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2016 ---
    Call each carrier and see if they are running any double data promos. AT&T will probably offer you an extra Gig of data per month.

You may also be eligible for a discount because of your employer, school or military status. It doesn't hurt to ask.

17. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

My volume down button doesn't work, so trading it in really isn't an option.

None of the carriers has said anything about double data promos.

I already get a work discount, so that will just carry over.