Where to buy iPhone near Clemson SC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rrijkers, May 1, 2008.

1. rrijkers macrumors 6502

rrijkers

Hi all!

I am from The Netherlands and have family living near Clemson SC. They will be coming to visit The Netherlands in a few months, UPDATE post 2

So yeah, with no Iphones being sold here and a good dollar/euro exchange I want to ask them to bring one to here...

However I been checking the AT&T website and found a store in Anderson SC, and 3 in Greenville SC. However I am not too sure since I dont know ZIP codes etc.

So my question is, does anyone know exact details of stores in that region?

Then the second thing, the launch of the 3G iPhone which will take place in that exact timeframe...

Where the latest thing I read is a 9th of June announcement and a 27th of June release, this is a little **** since it is very close to the 30th where they leave, I do not want to bother them hanging in a line for me, they are not the youngest people right now and I simply do not want to ask this...

Then again, if there will be a nationwide release of the 3G it will defo be sold out that same day I am sure of that...

However, I also hear of no existing stock of the existing model at this time, is that correct? Also what are the actual prices of the 8 and 16GB models at this moment in the AT&T shops? The prices seem to change quite frequently lately?

Thanks for all tips and advice in advance!

Roman

:apple:

2. doodads macrumors 6502

doodads

As I recall, Anderson is about a 15 minute drive from Clemson. Greenville is about a 90 minute drive from Clemson.

I didn't understand the rest of your post. Are you asking somebody from this list to stand in line for you and buy two phones for you?

3. rrijkers thread starter macrumors 6502

rrijkers

Update

There has been some communication and my aunt is willing to get me an iphone. However, I need to pick one of three shops now for her to go to. Best thing I think is to just go to the official AT&T store and get one there?

Shall I get a 8GB of a 16GB one? I think if I get the 8GB one I want the 16GB one a week later don't I? However it is another 100 dollars for the 8GB :(

I want her to buy one asap since I hear stock is not being restocked at this moment, tho I think a town as Anderson will have some lieing around...

The dates they will be here are the 23rd until the 30th of Juni so this will be to early for the new 3G iPhone anyway... :mad:

4. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Haha, I guess today is somewhat your lucky day.

I am a student at Clemson University and I live in Clemson now.

I purchased my iPhone from the Anderson AT&T store on the launch day of June 30th last year. They still sell the iPhone there. This store is about 15 minutes from Clemson, SC.

As far as the new iPhones go, as you read around you'll see that no one knows exactly when they will come out. Its all speculation at this point.

5. rrijkers thread starter macrumors 6502

rrijkers

haha great! My Uncle is a Teacher there! :)

However, I got the advice to just have her order one via Apple.com because it will not be needed to get a contract or hassle around that part. Or can she just pick one up in the store and walk away? :confused:

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

Which is like 23 eurocents with the way the dollar converts, no? ;)

7. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Picked one up and walked away in New Orleans from AT&T. If they give her any trouble she can just say it's a gift.

8. rrijkers thread starter macrumors 6502

rrijkers

So it is confirmed she can just walk into the store and walk away buying a 16Gb one? This totaly confuses me! :)

Greets, will mail her change of plan again and just walk into the store :)

9. udkl1298 macrumors newbie

10. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

I did.

11. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

Greenville is approx. 40 minutes from Clemson.

12. rrijkers thread starter macrumors 6502

rrijkers

I know and I will when it arrives, however, they will be here when it actually hits the stores... Then again, I like to just have a legal 3G iPhone instead of a haxed one :)

13. paduck macrumors 6502

I'd just have her order it from the Apple Store. Less hassle, no immediate contract. Immediate availability. Not that going to Anderson is a big deal, but then you have to explain no contract and they might not have it in stock.

14. rrijkers thread starter macrumors 6502

rrijkers

:rolleyes:

I will call her in 2 hours, I will know more later on

15. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

great post!! it answered my query too!!:D:cool:
    i m moving to clemson next month (grad student ) and was trying to find a at&t store around the university!

16. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

aerove - Clemson just opened its own Apple store inside the Union. It's a full-fledged store, but will only sell hardware (ie, no Genius bar and repairs will still be done through CCIT). I'm fairly certain they'll be selling iPhones, though of course you'll still have to head over to an AT&T store to activate it.