where to buy iphone with 1.0.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ipaqman, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey all,

so i wanted to buy an iphone and get it unlocked to work with t mobile. where would be my best bet to purchase one? apple store or att store? also, what serial numbers do i look for to ensure i get a 1.0.2? does anyone know if the apple store or att store is still selling them?

thanks,
    ipaqman

2. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

From my experience with at&t, they're very likely to still have 1.0.2 on their phones. You can go to the at&t store and before you buy, you can just ask to use it for a second to see how it works and check the version.

3. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Bought mine less than a week ago in at&t store in Santa Clara, CA. Two days before that had bad luck (1.1.1fw) in Apple Store Valley Fair.

Look for production week : it's 4th&5th digits in serial no.
    Mine (1.0.2) is 7S738xxxxH8.
    Not sure if last two letters matter anything, but it was mentioned in a couple of threads.
    And iPhone I got from Apple Store was week 39.

So best bet IMO would be to chase at&t store which might still have them.
    They are reluctant to bring the case to the desk for inspection, so you have to convince them you going to buy.

Good luck with that,
    So sad to see that Apple is evolving to be deserving "Must Die" label these days.

4. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

cant i check the serial as opposed to opening it?

5. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

I don't believe they would let you "use" it. Unless you agree to pay 10% restocking, but in order to pay that, you have already bought the phone ;(

And there is not much to use (in their point of view anyways), unless you have a way to justify accessing internal service info - field test (*3001#12345#*)

6. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

7. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

what do you say to them to not make them think you want to see the serial number because you want to unlock it?

8. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Don't worry about that too much, they still want to sell it.
    But you can say that there is an issue with a displays(negative blacks, I have it BTW, it's only minor), on some batches, and you have a voodoo to tell it by the numbers in serial ;))))