Where to buy iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DragonLady22, Feb 18, 2009.

1. DragonLady22 macrumors newbie

Thinking about upgrading to iPhone in March. Is it better to go to Apple Store or AT&T? Pros and Cons would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

One will try to push useless accessories on you, the other won't... so much.

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

If you have a cell phone bundle mess with AT&T, you will need to talk a while with them to get all of your situations figured out. So you should probably go there to buy one. I personally like going to the Apple Store and spending 30 min looking at everything that I have never seen in person before, but already know everything about.

Going to an Apple Store has always been a good experience for me.

4. dave006 macrumors 68020

Before answering your question; we need some more information from you.

Do you currently have AT&T for your cell service?
    Do you have a single line or maybe a FamilyTalk plan?
    Do you have a FAN on your account that provides you with any discounts?
    Do you like to test out all of the features or just see one wired down to a display?

You also have the option of Best Buy and Walmart to add to the list.

Dave

5. comptr macrumors 65816

I just upgraded from my 1gen iPhone to the 3g version 4 days ago and I would go to the apple store but be aware they may be a wait. when I went I waited for 30 minutes due to the store being busy if you go to a att store, bestbuy, or walmart it may be empty or a shorter wait then the apple store. i got my 1st gen at a att store and the 3g at the apple store I noticed no difference. Personally I would go to the apple store.

6. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

I went to BestBuy to upgrade mine...

Some people aren't fond of the store, but I have grown to my nearby store. The store is always clean and I'm not persuaded into another product. Plus, I have credit there, so it made it better when I bought a computer and iPhone (18 months no interest).

But, your best bet is probably ATT. Sometimes at Apple stores, it gets so bombarded, you have to wait. I'm particularly afraid when its crowded at Apple stores and you have to give out your SSN, credit card, etc. Some people have wandering eyes. Depending which ATT store you attend, there is more sense of privacy, from my experiences.

But overall, at the end of whatever store you get it from, you'll be the proud owner of an iPhone 3G.

7. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

8. comptr macrumors 65816

why should he wait for the new one. I also was faced with that decision I just went ahead with the current one. One thing we don't know is if his current phone is giving him problems or there is something else going on. If he could he would always be better off waiting till the new one comes out but if he needs it soon then he should not wait.

9. DragonLady22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks guys for all the input. My husband and I are with ATT on a family plan with military discount. We can upgrade the end of March which is why we are doing our research now. When is a new one scheduled to come out? Always worry about bugs in new ones however. Do you recommend extended warranty?

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Five months from now.

11. DragonLady22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will the features be worth the wait?

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Depends on what they are...

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Since no one knows what they are... ;)