Where to buy iPod Touch Battery

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AndrewVenner, Feb 23, 2008.

1. AndrewVenner macrumors member

About a week ago, I dropped my iPod touch into a puddle of water accidentally. I let it be for about 2 days, and when I came back, it was working. But I've noticed that the battery life has dropped significantly (maybe 1.5 hours). Is there anything I can do besides changing my settings, or is there a place that I can buy a new battery?

Also, my wi-fi no longer works. When I go to settings, it's a gray icon, and it can no longer be pressed, and it says No Wi-Fi. Is there any way to fix these?

Thank you.

2. JBenz07 macrumors newbie

unfortunately not

Sorry but it seems to be that you will have to send it in for a repair. There is no way you can replace the current battery, so the only way to fix your touch is to send it in or find a reseller that works with ipods. Sorry to hear about your touch though :(

3. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

apple likely wont fix this

its about a 200 dollar repair

4. tobenning macrumors member

Take it to the Apple Store. I know someone who dropped their iPhone, told the Genius she dropped it and they replaced it anyway. They were probably willing to get rid of old iPhone stock in anticipation of V2, so you never know what they are willing to do.