Where To Buy Mac OS-X 10.4 Tiger?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gimmiegolf, Sep 10, 2009.

1. gimmiegolf macrumors newbie

gimmiegolf

I have an iMac G4, iBook G4 and PB G4 all running OS-X 10.3.9. I need to upgrade to OS-X 10.4 in order to install certain external hardware (e.g. Airport) and other 3rd party software. I am reluctant to go to OS-X 10.5 (Leopard) – not that it would be any easier to find – because I have some older OS 9.x applications I still use. I have checked Amazon, eBay and others but the prices for the retail version (allowing installation on different Macs) is over $200. Does anyone know of a good source for previous versions of Mac OS system software – specifically OS-X 10.4?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Looks like you should try ebay first. Prices everywhere else seem high.

Also, and this is just a shot in the dark, perhaps you might try calling Apple. They might be able to tell you something.

3. thabandit macrumors member

it's avaliable on apple developer connection as a download, instead of paying for just tiger disc, buy the dev sub for a year and u get leopard DVD and tiger will be there for a free download.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

Actually, Leopard is easy to find....you can still buy it direct from Apple....I know that doesn't help you in your search for Tiger, but there's no reason for people to labor under the false impression that Leopard isn't readily available