Where to buy Mac Pro Ram in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andyUKr, Nov 25, 2010.

1. andyUKr macrumors member

Hi

can anyone suggest the best place to get RAM for the mid 2010 mac pro?

i am also looking to get some hard drives

any suggestions will be hugely appreciated

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

www.scan.co.uk, www.ebuyer.co.uk and sometimes www.overclockers.co.uk offer the best prices on most computer parts. You should be able to find the best price on a new hard drive there.

crucial.com are really the best source for mac memory in the UK all things considered. If you were after 8GB DIMMs it is about £150 per DIMM cheaper to order from the US.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

4. Duncan-UK macrumors member

A couple of weeks ago I saw that either Crucial or Mr Memory were doing 1gb sticks of DDR3 for the 2009 Mac Pro for about £5 each!!

Hence I now have all of my 8 slots full and the new RAM is precisely the same as the "Apple" RAM that came with it - even down to the stickers on the DIMM

5. MindMan macrumors newbie

Hi Andy

I was just about to add a post, but did a quick browse on previous posts first. I have just bought my first Mac - MacPro, Dual CPU, 8 Cores. I just took the standard spec, with a view to adding extra RAM and Hard Drives at more realistic prices.

Have you upgraded your RAM and disks? I see the post was on Friday. I am keen to buy more RAM and disks asap, so I would appreciate your feedback.

6. andyUKr thread starter macrumors member

hi

to be honest i have not bought anything yet. the price difference between us and uk is quite large. So i am trying to see if i can get any of my mates to get it for me from the US.

i think cheapest UK ram i found was like 275 quid for 3x4 sticks. you can get this in the states for 280 usd.

let me know if you get better luck