where to buy macbook pro 13 inch i5?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by salacious, May 22, 2011.

1. salacious macrumors 6502a

So basically tomorow I will be buying a new macpro I won't be buying nothin extra just the laptop so where ti get it from? I want to purchase the HE applecare later this year can I do so? So I got a couple of places that I'm considering buying from, argos, currys, pcworld, or apple I'm in uk north london

2. XQYZ macrumors newbie

The apple store is usually a bit more expensive than using another retailer. You can always buy apple care within one year of the purchase.

3. salacious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know where there is a dixons store still open coz they do it for 928 but I can't see a store locator?

4. simsaladimbamba

Hardly.

5. Captain Dynamo macrumors member

6. simsaladimbamba

Hardly.

7. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

If your a student you might wanna go to college and see if they have an education price...

8. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

What do you mean become stricter? I've never had a problem with returning anything with amazon. They are always my first choice in buying anything.

9. bigjobby macrumors 65816

HE AppleCare? If you're in (or going onto) higher education, then why not buy online from Apple, get a discount of ~14% and a 3 year complimentary warranty? The only difference between this and AppleCare is that you only get 1 year phone support but that isn't a big deal so you won't need to get AppleCare at all. Food for thought. ;)

10. fitalic macrumors newbie

could buy from dixons with with extra 10% discount for APPLE MacBook Pro MC700B/A 13" Laptop £836 @ Dixons

11. Captain Dynamo macrumors member

Amazon is my first choice, too.

That said, my recollection is that they used to accept computer returns without restocking fees. Now, it appears that if you return without defect they give you just an 85% refund: "Computers purchased from Amazon.com which have been opened are subject to a partial refund of 85% of the sale price. Computers may not be returned more than 30 days from the date of shipment receipt."
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=901900

This isn't really an issue if you're sure you want to keep it. For me, I sometimes want to try it out and return it if I don't want it. For instance, I might want to try the 13" MBP and instead get the 15".