Where to buy MacBook PRO ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by born4sky, Jan 31, 2011.

1. born4sky macrumors 6502a

born4sky

Apple gurus please recommend me a place where to get New an latest MacBook Pro, without taxes? Because its seems like a waste for me in the case.

Also if I buy it somewhere else, do I still have a warranty? I assume eBay and craigslist excludes automatically.
    My Location is USA, NY

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Where in the world do you live? If you're in the US you will likely not be able to buy one without paying tax unless you live or have a shipping address in a state with no sales tax. If you're overseas the tax will be included in the sticker price already.

3. simsaladimbamba

Depends on your location, as China has other stores than Canada.
    http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/

Btw, all Macs, even if used, have a one year warranty, regardless of where you buy them. You can also buy a additional two years of warranty within the first year of purchase called Apple Care.

4. born4sky thread starter macrumors 6502a

born4sky

5. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

NY is the hardest state to find tax-free unfortunately due to some laws from a few years ago, even Amazon charges tax there.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Yeah your not going to avoid the tax in NY. Do you have a buddy in Delaware by any chance? No tax there.

7. born4sky thread starter macrumors 6502a

born4sky

Thank you very useful link. Looks like MaMall has the best prices and total price would be around $200 less ... looks like they don't charge taxes ether.