Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sml12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Where is a good place to get a good online deal on a MBA 11" 8Gb? i5 or i7?

US, UK, Australia is ok.

Pugly

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2016
Keep an eye out for refurbished macs? Maybe find lightly used one out there.

You will need to be patient.

The 11inch 8gb i7 is a sweet machine though, so I'd try to find one if you can.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Where is a good place to get a good online deal on a MBA 11" 8Gb? i5 or i7?

US, UK, Australia is ok.

Lately the refurbished section of Apple has been getting hammered in my opinion. here is an 11" MBA, personal note I myself would only buy a refurbished model from Apple, you get a 1 year warranty with the option of Apple Care and a 2 week return period in case you don't like what you purchased.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/11

MarvinHC

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Belgium

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
I think he means heavy traffic. I bought a MBA 11"/i7/8GB/256GB about 3 weeks ago on the Apple Refurbished site. I was watching closely and the upgraded models disappear VERY quickly. I love the 11" MBA since I travel a lot and still need the horsepower.

Yes thats exactly what I mean.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Lately the refurbished section of Apple has been getting hammered in my opinion. here is an 11" MBA, personal note I myself would only buy a refurbished model from Apple, you get a 1 year warranty with the option of Apple Care and a 2 week return period in case you don't like what you purchased.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/mac/macbook_air/11
I'm not a fan of refurbs but I'm a big fan of the 11" MBA so if anyone wants one these days, buying an official refurb from Apple's site is really the only way to go.

racoop

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
I'm not a fan of refurbs but I'm a big fan of the 11" MBA so if anyone wants one these days, buying an official refurb from Apple's site is really the only way to go.

Coming from Apple, I could not distinguish it from a new unit in any way. Right down to the new Mac smell :)

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Coming from Apple, I could not distinguish it from a new unit in any way. Right down to the new Mac smell :)
Apple's pricing on refurbs is too high IMO. I've always been able to buy NEW for less than Apple sells refurbs for. But it's a moot point now since there aren't any new 11" MBA's in the retail channel.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Apple's pricing on refurbs is too high IMO. I've always been able to buy NEW for less than Apple sells refurbs for. But it's a moot point now since there aren't any new 11" MBA's in the retail channel.

Best buy is running sales on the MBA this week. At least in my area they are. Thinking about getting a 13" MBA, cant see buying the new MBP's too many problems

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Best buy is running sales on the MBA this week. At least in my area they are. Thinking about getting a 13" MBA, cant see buying the new MBP's too many problems
Yeah, they're only $100 off now but over President's Day weekend they were $250 off. If you can wait, I'd recommend holding off until they offer another $200-$250 off.

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
Agreed.

The 11" 8 GB i7 is a superb machine - I have one and it is a dream to use.
I have strongly considered picking one of these up off eBay instead of keeping the 2016 Macbook Pro. As a long time MBA 11" user, it feels like Apple has temporarily abandoned users of this machine.

I am very curious how a new Macbook will impact pricing on used MBA 2015.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I have strongly considered picking one of these up off eBay instead of keeping the 2016 Macbook Pro. As a long time MBA 11" user, it feels like Apple has temporarily abandoned users of this machine.

Keep an eye out for refurbs - one should come up with the desired specification, sooner or later.

Personally, I'd never buy a computer from eBay.

racoop

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012

Certainly when the product line is current, the pricing on the Apple refurbs is too high. Not worth while for me - I would just buy new. But in a case like this where the 11" MBA is gone, it's a great choice. I saved $200 on the i7/256/8. I'm effectively getting a new computer, coming with a full Apple warranty (you can even go Apple Care if desired) and no risky e-bay or Craigslist purchase.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Even the basic i5/4GB version is very capable ans has been my faithful travel partner for the last years. So light that you never ask yourself the question if you should take it or not, it is (almost) always in my backpack.
This is its biggest plus. My 11" weights less than my 12.9" iPad Pro after I put the Pro into its "going out" case.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Even the basic i5/4GB version is very capable ans has been my faithful travel partner for the last years. So light that you never ask yourself the question if you should take it or not, it is (almost) always in my backpack.

This is its biggest plus. My 11" weights less than my 12.9" iPad Pro after I put the Pro into its "going out" case.

Exactly.

Ever since I bought it - my 11" MBA has been my faithful - and utterly reliable - travel companion. A fantastic computer for travelling.

Reactions: sracer

quebec88

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2009
Earlier this month, I picked up a 2015 11" i7, 8GB, 256GB SSD for $998 with only 10 power cycles in immaculate condition on eBay. My first choice was to purchase a Refurb from Apple, but it is very difficult to find the 11" right now from them. With buying on eBay, you just have to do your homework and find a good seller. I couldn't be happier with this MacBook Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.