Where to buy more Apple AA batteries?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iParis, Jan 28, 2013.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So I kind of love my Apple AA battery charger. Have been using it for 13 months now without any problems whatsoever. All three sets of batteries are being simultaneously used in my wireless keyboard, Magic Mouse, and one of my xbox 360 controllers. There's just one issue, I want more than six batteries. A set for my other xbox controller and another for my other wireless keyboard to use with my iPhone would be great. Anywhere you can think of I can get batteries without purchasing a whole new charger? Or at least compatible batteries? Years ago I had a AA battery charger and I must have used the wrong kind of AA battery in it because they leaked everywhere and ruined it, which is what I'm trying to avoid here. Sorry if this is a stupid question, though any help at all is much appreciated!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

FWIW you can get great deals on eneloops at Costco if you happen to be a member.

B

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

The only AA and AAA batteries I use are Eneloops. They are by far the best batteries of that type hands down. Best place to get them is Costco..

As far as chargers, the Maha PowerEX C9000 is by far the best.

4. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

You guys are awesome, thank you! : D I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer standalone packs of batteries.

5. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a few questions on rechargeable batteries:

-Buying a 4 pack of those eneloops, and then buying the Maha charger recommended by one of the posters would set me back ~$68. How much more cost efficient is this over just buying disposable batteries? For usage, you can assume it'll be powering an Apple wireless keyboard and either a MS or Logitech wireless mouse (unsure which one to pursue). I've never owned the Apple keyboard, but the MS mouse I have right now needs a battery to be swapped once every week or so.

-How long do these batteries really last? Are there any technical issues that arise from them? I remember using rechargeable batteries a long time ago (uh, 15 years or more I think) and they were kind of...bad. I'm assuming technology has advanced significantly since then.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The difference is huge. I have 24 Eneloops and the Sanyo charger...They last longer, charge more quickly, and are worth the extra money.

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

The 4x eneloop kit with charger is totally sufficient, and it's $19. If you use it for your keyboard and Trackpad/Mouse only, the Apple Battery Charger is fine, more compact, and it comes with six batteries, though unlike the Sanyo charger, it can't charge AAAs.

But I found the same as MacMan45, latest-gen genuine eneloops last longer than the included silver ones in the Magic Mouse for me. They charge fine with the Apple charger.

8. hkim1983 macrumors 6502

Wow, that sounds fantastic, and $19 is a lot easier to swallow than almost $70. Thanks! I'll have to give these a try!