Where to buy new iBook G4 battery?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by skeley69, Dec 9, 2007.

1. skeley69 macrumors member

hey all apple fanatics,

im receiving a new black macbook from santa for xmas n thought i wud hand down my yet still brilliant ibook to the mother. only problem is the battery doesn't last very long. where most of us turn to crucial for cheap ram where wud be the equivalent on the net for a new reasonably priced 14" G4 ibook battery? apple is charging £80 but im fairly sure i will be able to find it much cheaper else where. i dont really trust ebay either.

many thanks

- ali

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There are some nice third-party options out there...OWC offers the NewerTech brand and FastMac offers their own as well. Both are highly recommended.

Not sure if there are better options local to UK buyers.

3. skeley69 thread starter macrumors member

thanks wildcowboy,

one other question which i didnt think about..

if i were to buy a new battery from the US is it going to be a problem using it with a UK ibook and UK power adapter etc?

cheers

- ali

4. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

AFAIK, all batteries are the same, no matter where your iBook originated from.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

6. 11800506 macrumors 65816

Your iBook might actually be eligible for the battery recall program if you hadn't had it replaced already. I just did it with a Powerbook and saved a bunch of money and it's fairly easy too.

Just go on apple's website or google it. I would give you the link except I'm on my iPod right now so I can't copy it. :rolleyes:

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

you could find new battery off eBay. I was going to get one for my PowerBook before sell it to ebay soon.