Where to buy official iPAD case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by n0fx, Apr 18, 2010.

1. n0fx macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when the official apple Ipad cases are coming back in stock? I've been searching both the Apple stores and Best buy to buy one but it's been sold out for the last week or so.

No one seems to know when they are coming back into stock. Is there any other places that sell them online or B&M? (in the Los Angeles area)

Thanks.

2. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

Gotta wait for apple, they seem to be holding all the cases back to release with the 3G. Might as well just order online from the Apple store, probably will be the fastest way to get it.

3. n0fx thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, I'll just do the pre-order then.

4. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

You can also get one on eBay but they are charging 100 bucks lol

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I've been to two local best buys and two apple stores. No luck.

6. n0fx thread starter macrumors newbie

hehe... I don't think I'm going to pay double for my case. It's totally not worth it. They already charge a fortune for the case, there's no way in hell I'm going to pay double for what Apple's asking for.

7. n0fx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. I tried 5 stores here (best buy/apple) and none of them had it.

8. phooi macrumors regular

I got mine this morning at the Pasadena store. They were down to the last two.

If you're looking for a convertible case, you should also consider the Macally Bookstand. I might replace the Apple case with that one if I can see and play with one live. You might be able to find it at Macmall in Santa Monica.

A guy posted a review of it and it is just as nice and cheaper than the apple case.

Good luck!!

9. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

My best buy was sold out on launch day, they didn't have any left when I bought my iPad. The other Apple best buy in the area is also sold out still, as are both of the Apple stores I have called or been to.

Bleh, I just want my case :/

10. Mjmar macrumors 65816

My local apple store got a shipment of them in today. Apparently they were sold out since launch. I guess I just got lucky. Make sure that you call the store before you go.

11. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Most places are sold out but if you keep checking I am sure that they will be getting them in soon.

12. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Mine shipped today. Should have it by Friday. Original delivery estimate was May 6. Looks like they are moving them again.

13. OpenThirdeye macrumors member

I heard a few people asking about the Apple case in my local Best Buy yesterday. The guy in the Apple section they're going out as quickly as they're coming in and it's still a crapshoot on when they'll be fully stocked.

14. sonvolt10 macrumors newbie

Spankey,

When did you order your case?

I'm not sure if I should order one online now or wait for the stores to start carrying them again. The Apple Store online indicates 1 to 2 weeks for shipping.

My iPad 3G will hopefully be delivered next friday and I would like to have the case by then.

15. tacoshell macrumors regular

I got really lucky an found one at Best Buy. This was despite the local store inventory on the website saying they were out of stock, and calling and the person said they were out of stock. I figured they might just not be in the inventory system yet so I tried my luck and stopped by and low and behold there was one sitting there on the desk next to the sample iPads.

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You don't know this for a fact.

5 BB stores around me and none in stock. Both Apple stores are called twice a day and none of them report stock.

17. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

18. jedolley macrumors 68000

I think some users might start selling theirs as they replace them with other options. I have a Macally Bookstand on the way and will probably be selling my Apple case if I like the Macally more.

19. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Ordered mine last Monday. Much sooner than expected. I was told Best Buy "might" get a batch tomorrow. At this point, I can wait a few days. Glad to know it's coming.

20. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

The apple store in the Houston galleria has the official apple iPad case in stock right now. I just bought one, and there was at least another 29 that I saw on the wall in there

21. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

I stopped by the Apple Store where I got my iPad this past Thursday (4/15, Orlando Millenia) and they had 2 prongs of cases on the accessory wall and more were coming out of the back room. I was happy since I was just checking and not expecting to find any since I was at the mall for another reason. I am happy I took the few extra minutes while there to check. :)
    While I was there at least 8 others were sold, so they were going fast.

22. bluehaze013 macrumors 6502

They are shipping out of the Apple Store now too, the one I ordered for my nephew like a week ago shipped out yesterday. So if your looking nows a good time to check around your local stores else order one from apple store quick as it seems like they got another shipment in.

23. radioactive macrumors member

The Pleasanton store has 50+ of them. I called the SF (Stockton St) store, and they've been out for weeks.

If you don't mind a short drive to East Bay, they're here...

24. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

Apple store in Towson md had stacks. I got one and I love it!!!! So sexy!!!

25. barnetda macrumors regular