Where to Buy Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by henryonapple, Sep 24, 2013.

1. henryonapple macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple store today looking for a Power Support HD Anti-Glare Film for my iPhone 5S and found out that they don't carry them anymore.

Does anyone know a brick & mortar store that carries this film?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

not brick and mortar, but amazon has them. i get all my screen protectors through them.

3. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I noticed that Amazon 3rd party sellers have them. Apple use to sell them for 14.99, I wonder why they stopped??

4. rperalta macrumors 6502

5. rperalta macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what happened to Power Support here in United States. Apple dropped them last year and you don't hear much about them now. They added Intl to their name...it looks like their focusing more in other countries. The Power Support Anti-Glare Film (Japan Import) on Amazon is great, better than the one packaged here in United States.

6. Ta0jin macrumors 6502

I'm not sold on the Japanese import version. I purchased it through Amazon and one of the two protectors was badly scratched up when I took it out the sleeve.

7. JPM42 macrumors 6502

I've been wondering about this, too. It took me a little while just to figure out they had a new website, and after I found it, I sent an e-mail asking if their iPhone 5 protector will work for the 5S. Nothing. Tried e-mailing another address I found: nothing. They eventually updated their website to show 5S compatibility, so I placed an order for a screen protector with them last Friday (which they had more than 200 left of, at the time), with two day priority shipping. Five days later, and my order is still in processing.

I love their products, but I can't say I'm impressed by their customer support, right now.

8. rperalta macrumors 6502

I emailed them too but no response and it's been couple of days. They have a phone number but it's not toll free. I called and went to someone's personal voicemail. I might have to go with TruProtection.com.

9. trife macrumors 6502

trife

Hmmm....you too, huh?

I ordered on Sunday w/ Priority shipping and have heard nothing from them. Order still says "processing", although their site also says they ship within 48 hours of payment.

Emailed them this morning and have heard nothing back. And I can't cancel my order now, so I guess I'm stuck. They haven't charged my card yet, so I guess that's a positive?

I knew I should've ordered from Amazon.

10. JPM42 macrumors 6502

I finally received an e-mail from them last night, saying they've had some problems processing orders on their end, and they need me to re-enter my credit card information so the money can be taken out from my account. Did this, and my order still has yet to ship. So, I tried calling them today, and it went to voice mail.

Just one of the worst ordering experiences I've had. This has been a joke. I'll never buy through their site again.

11. trife macrumors 6502

trife

I received the same email late last night. I'm just not going to update the payment info and buy from Amazon. Should've done just that in the first place, as I would've had the case by this past Wednesday w/ Prime shipping.

I hate to sound cliche, but ain't nobody got time for that. To wait 4 days after I initially paid to tell me that I have to submit my payment info again is pretty much ridiculous. I understand that glitches happen and that isn't the issue. I just have a hard time believing that it took them 4 days to realize that they didn't receive my money on Sunday night. And if it was an issue of them immediately recognizing the problem but not being able to resubmit payment info until something was fixed, promptly communicate that to your customer!

12. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

did you guys buy directly from the manufacturer?

13. JPM42 macrumors 6502

Exactly. I sent them a fairly lengthy, and pretty strongly worded e-mail last night, calling them out on all this. Predictably, no reply. Yet if you go to their Facebook page, there is someone there, and, go figure, they encouraged one person to e-mail them.

It's just pathetic. Somehow, my iPhone 5S, one of the most in-demand products on the planet right now, was able to be shipped to me. My case is here. But this little screen protector remains in a warehouse in Seattle, a week later. Believe it or not, though, that's not what bothers me the most. Look, I understand things can happen. Fine. But the virtual silence on it is what infuriates me. There's just no excuse for that. When I'm doing everything to hand you my money, you don't expect to be ignored.

Once my order comes (which should probably be around the time the 7S is released), I'm done with this company. I don't have time for amateur hour.

14. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

I ordered my screen protectors from their website Monday and I received them yesterday for my new iPhone 5s. I ordered directly from the power support international website, no issues whatsoever

15. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

did they charge shipping and tax to CA?

16. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

hmm they charged shipping no tax. they dont have a store here in CA anymore so they did not charge tax

17. trife macrumors 6502

trife

So have you had any update yet? I figured since I've already waited this long, I may as well just go through with my order. So last Friday my payment was finally confirmed early in the day. Btw, that guy on their Facebook page was me--figured if I contacted them there I'd get a quicker response, and I did. I even emailed some guy, who said that my order would be shipped "soon".

But here it is almost 5:00 PM on Monday and my order is still processing. I'm hoping that they just haven't updated it with tracking info, but given what I've been through with this company already, my guess is that it hasn't shipped yet.

Needless to say, I'll never order directly from them again.

18. JPM42, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

JPM42 macrumors 6502

Yes, I do, actually, and it's a good one.

After sending my long and strongly worded e-mail on Thursday night, I naturally didn't receive a reply. So after scouring their Facebook page, and noticing similar complaints from customers, I noticed that the person running the page mentioned to e-mail them personally at tim@imagemediapartners.com. I'm guessing that's the address you also e-mailed.

I forwarded my e-mail to that address and within an hour, I had a reply back saying my order was shipped, and shortly after, I received my shipping confirmation e-mails. They apologized, mentioning they've had some bumpy transitions, that they "share in my frustration" (which is just insane "happy talk", as they caused my frustration!) and they're giving me 30% off my next order. He also mentioned that they'll try to get more people answering the phones and e-mails, although at this point, 1 person would be an improvement.

My order should be here today, although at the rate this has gone, I'm expecting it to be the wrong item or some other thing to go wrong. But if I were you, send an e-mail to that address again, letting them have it. That seems to be the only thing that will make them do actual work.

19. trife macrumors 6502

trife

^ I received the same deal.....got a code for $20 off my next order after I emailed them again.

I applaud PS for doing their best to make it right. I still don't have my cases, but they should be here in a day or two. Hopefully their product is worth the delay, hassle and me using the OEM protective plastic for a week and a half. LOL.

20. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

how much did PS charge you? It used to be 14.99 at the Apple store.

21. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

So what's the verdict on the new PS screen protectors?

Are they still made in Japan? Do they compare to the PS of old?

22. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

Other than the fact that all writing on the package is in Japanese, they appear to be equally as good as PS always has been. I have one on my 5S and it's great!

23. henryonapple thread starter macrumors 6502

i didn't even know they changed it!