where to buy ram in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ajo, Oct 1, 2007.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

Im planning on getting an iMac this month. Apple RAM prices seem expensive. Is there anywhere recomended in the UK that I can get some from.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I've always used Crucial.

They aren't the cheapest but are way cheaper than Apple. Their memory is guaranteed to work with your Mac and you get free delivery, which has always been next day for me even though they class it as 3 day delivery.

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the quick replys

what im thinking of doing then is getting the 24" 2.8 getting the least RAM and then maybe maxing out from crucial

im trying to get what I can for the cheapest!

4. zen macrumors 65816

zen

I went with Crucial just last week - bought 2GB kit for a Macbook, and a 2GB stick for my incoming iMac (to give me 3GB). It arrived the next day and was a good price.

Plus their website is very user-friendly - if you're not 100% sure of what kind of RAM you need, just use their RAM chooser and it does it all for you.

5. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

I'll be doing the same this month with my new iMac. Remember, the iMacs now come with 1 stick of 1GB so if you're upping to 2GB you'll only need another 1GB stick, which on crucial is around £25 I believe